Wednesday 31 December 2014

Autumn/Winter Beauty Favourites

I've been reading blog posts for a while now and one of my all time favourites to read is 'Monthly Favourites'' so, seeing as though I've only ever done one which was back in August I thought it was about time I shared with you a selection of beauty items I've been loving this past month.
At the beginning of this year I didn't even own a red lipstick, however now, I cant get enough of it. Red really is a statement colour and I believe that it can complement any makeup look, weather its a simple look or more complex look. Rimmel Kate Moss - 110 was the first red lipstick that I bought and ever since has been one of my favourite ever lipsticks. I never tend to pick up matte lipsticks as sometimes they can be too drying however, I like the finish it gives on my lips and I really do recommend it. Next is Rimmel Kate moss - 10 another red lipstick that I've been loving. I'd had my eye on this lipstick for ages and finally I cracked and bought it and I'm so happy that I did as its the perfect deep red which is a perfect colour for winter. Finally is Rimmel Moisture Renew - Sweetheart tulips, for school I don't like wearing statement colours like red or purple and yes its a dark pink but I think it's the perfect everyday colour and for the price you seriously cant go wrong!

This month I've also been loving 2 eye products. The sleek palette - Au Naturel and The Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoo - Metallic Pomegranate. The sleek palette is perfect for anyone who loves their warm brown tones or a brown Smokey eye as it has 12 different shades to chose from with only a couple with a few hints of glitter. The photo above doesn't really show the actual colours of the eye shadows but you'll have to trust me on this one. The Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoo is a warm red colour, its not as easy to blend as it does have a cream consistency however, if you take the time to really blend it into the crease you can achieve the true colour.
I love my nail varnish a lot and always love trying new ones but this month I feel like I've been relying on two colours as they are such beautiful colours. The first one is Nails Inc - Tate which is a deep red and Nails Inc - Piccadilly Circus which Is a dark berry colour with a hint of dark purple. Again I don't think these pictures show the true colour but believe me, they look stunning on your nails.
I've never really been interested in highlighters but recently I've been loving Sun Beam by benefit. When it hits the light its just gives you such a natural glow, which I absolutely love. Another cheek product is again by benefit and its the Fine one one. Its a cheek and highlighter all in one. Just like highlighter I never really wear blusher as I've got rosy cheeks anyway but I just love the finish it has and the highlighter is just perfect.
So there you go, some of my monthly favourites. What've you been loving this month, why not leave me a comment below? I'd love to hear them, or even better leave me links to your monthly favourites.
Enjoy your day,
Eleanor! X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment - I'll get back to you as soon as possible!